Way out in Reno, Nevada,
Where romance blooms and fades,
A great Philadelphia lawyer,
Was in love with a Hollywood maid.
"Come, love, and we will wander,
"Down where the lights are bright.
"I'll win you a divorce from your husband,
"And we can get married tonight."
Wild Bill was a gun-totin' cowboy.
Ten notches were carved in his gun.
An' all the boys around Reno,
Left Wild Bill's maiden alone.
One night when he was returning,
From ridin' the range in the cold,
He dreamed of his Hollywood sweetheart,
Her love was as lasting as gold.
As he grew near her window,
A shadow he saw on the shade;
'Twas the great Philadelphia lawyer,
Makin' love to Bill's Hollywood maid.
The night was as still as the desert,
And the moon hangin' high overhead.
Bill listened a while to the lawyer:
He could hear ev'ry word that they said:
"Your hands are so pretty and lovely,
"Your form's so rare and divine.
"Come go with me to the city
"And leave this wild cowboy behind."
Now back in old Pennsylvania,
Among the beautiful pines,
There's one less Philadelphia lawyer,
In old Philadelphia tonight.
|Album Lyrics: Haggard Like Never Before 
"Haggard Like Never Before"
- Haggard Merle - Haggard Like Never Before
- Merle Haggard - That's The News
- Haggard Merle - Garbage Man
- Merle Haggard - Reno Blues
- Haggard Merle - The Downside
- Haggard Merle - Because Of Your Eyes
- Haggard Merle - Lonesome Day
- Haggard Merle - I Dreamed You Didn't Love Me
- Haggard Merle - Yellow Ribbons
- Haggard Merle - I Hate To See It Go
- Haggard Merle - Return To San Francisco
Reno Blues Lyrics by Merle Haggard
. Song rating: 4.5 [1 vote]