Hey there red-eyed face in the mirror
Now what do you have to say?
The sun has come up and she stood you up
It aint been your night and it don't look to be your day
But you'll say it's no fault of your own
And you're better off letting her go.
And before you turn away, the things you
don't say will be the thoughts that you'll
carry deep in your heart long after she's forgotten you.
Hey there tired old face in the mirror
There aint no way you're getting 'round
You broke every rule and that girl played you a fool
She said that she wanted you in a sweet voice
that haunted you and before it ever started she told you that you were all through.
But you'll say that was a lie
Cause she had a thing for you all along
You wrote her a song and that girl sang along
On a night just like last night and it felt all right till the words you had just wouldn't come.
But you'll say, you don't understand
She really meant every word that she said.
You're not being fair, you weren't even there when she said
all those things that made my heart sing and got me staying up
late and playing my songs and feeling this way at the dawn.
[Thanks to Matt for lyrics]
|Album Lyrics: Plastic Flowers 
Hat On, Drinking Wine
- Hat On, Drinking Wine - Little Things
- Hat On, Drinking Wine - Broken
- Hat On, Drinking Wine - You're Leaving Me (Sadie)
- Hat On, Drinking Wine - Red-Eyed Face in the Mirror
- Hat On, Drinking Wine - Beneath the Light
- Hat On, Drinking Wine - Practical in Love
- Hat On, Drinking Wine - Come into my Bed
- Hat On, Drinking Wine - Her Love
- Hat On, Drinking Wine - Makes Me Spin
- Hat On, Drinking Wine - These Stories
- Hat On, Drinking Wine - Plastic Flowers
- Hat On, Drinking Wine - Last Letter
Red-Eyed Face in the Mirror Lyrics by Hat On, Drinking Wine
. Song rating: 4.5 [1 vote]