This old guitar John Denver
C G a e
1. This old guitar taught me to sing a love song
2. This old guitar gave me my love-ly lady
3. This old guitar gave me my life my living
F G7 C
1. it showed me how to laugh and how to cry.
2. it opened up her eyes and ears to me
3. all the things you know I love to do
a F G
1. It intro-duced me to some friends of mine
2. it brought us close together
3. to serenade the stars that shine
1. and brightened up some days
2. and I guess it broke her heart
3. from a sunny mountain-side
F G7 C a
1. and helped me make it thru some lonely nights. Oh.
2. it opened up the space for us to be
3. and most of all to sing my songs for you
a F G7 C
1. What a friend to have on a cold and lonely night
2. What a lovely place and a lovely space to be.
3. I love to song my songs for you.
a F G7 C
3. Yes I do, you know and I love to sing my songs for you