Stevens Ray Lyrics
I'm My Own Grandpa
1. Now many, many years ago when I was twenty-three
2. This made my dad my son-in-law and changed my very life
3. My little baby then became a brother-in-law to dad
4. Father's wife then had a son who kept him on the run
5. Now if my wife is my grandmother, then I'm her grandchild
1. I was married to a widder who was pretty as can be
2. My daughter was my mother for she was my father's wife
3. And so became my uncle though it made me very sad
4. And he became my grandchild for he was my daughter's son
5. And every time I think of it, it nearly drives me wild
1. This widder had a grown up daughter who had hair of red
2. To complicate the matter even though it brought me joy
3. For if he was my uncle then that also made him brother
4. My wife is now my mother's mother and it makes me blue
5. For now I have become the strangest case you ever saw
1. My father fell in love with her and soon they too were wed.
2. I soon became the father of a bouncing baby boy.
3. Of the widder's grown up daughter who of course was my step-mother.
4. Because although she is my wife, she's my grandmother too.
5. As husband of my grandmother, I am my own grandpa.
D A D G G7 A
I'm my own grand-pa. I'm my own grand-pa.
It sounds funny I know, but it really is so
D A D
Oh, I'm my own grand-pa.